Saturday, May 23, 2009

Upcoming at Honolulu Weekly: GMO money at the State legislature.

The next installment of my research on who's funding our legislators' campaign races should be appearing this week in Honolulu Weekly. This one deals with agribusiness corporations such as Monsanto and Syngenta, which have heavy investments in both genetically modified crops and our legislators.

I've got a couple more campaign funding articles to spring after that. Nearly completed is a story about tobacco money in the legislature, which is already promised to Big Island Weekly. And then I've got a couple more pieces that I haven't finished researching yet and don't want to reveal until I've asked a few pointed questions of some specific legislators. After that, I'm going to be ready to take a break from the subject for a while. Anybody got something else they want investigated?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aloha Alan!
Mahalo for all of the great articles!
As for, "Anybody got something else they want investigated?"
How 'bout "How come the army can't do proper depleted uranium tests on Pohakuloa, and why no officials seems to want to know the answers?"