Friday, September 4, 2009

Article on HECO Biofuel Controversy Online at the Independent

An article of mine on a HECO's efforts to secure biodiesel for its new 110 megawatt O'ahu power plant is online at www.thehawaiiindependent.com. HECO has been touting the plant as a model for renewable energy ever since it was first conceived (plans originally called for it to run on ethane) . But the ideal started to go sour when the mainland company contracted to supply the biodiesel ran into financial difficulties and welched on its plan to build a biodiesel refining plant here...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I believe you are the Alan McNarie I met in Hilo in '94. Your son had a pink stroller. I was one of your ex wife's clients.I have lost contact with her and would like get in touch with her again. If you read this , please e-mail me at my daughter's e-mail add : pureweirdo@hotmail.com. Thank you.